CAREER & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
COURSE SUMMARY: Career and Financial Management (CFM) is a 40-Week ACE Day course designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn about the features of our economy, explore a variety of careers, learn the skills and competencies needed for success in the workplace and to begin to become "money smart".
1. What are my options for careers after graduation? If I choose to get a job, what kind of jobs are available for me?
2. I know that I want to find a job that I like and that "pays well", but how do I know what employers want from me?
3. How can I find and get a job that I like?
4. Once I get a job, how do I keep it?
5. What is good money management and how can I make my money work for me?
You are expected to be punctual and present for all classes. If you are legally absent from a class, you must get any assignments/ work that you missed and make it up in a timely manner.
Homework - 10%
Classwork -- 10%
Quizzes ----- 20%
Tests -------- 30%
Writing/Research -- 30%
Students will receive a weekly class participation grade. Students will grade themselves honestly, on a scale of 0 to 10 with 0 being the lowest and 10 being the highest. This weekly grade includes participating in classroom activities, classroom attitudes and behaviors, and respect for other students and the teacher.
In today's work environment, employees are expected to have good interpersonal qualities to promote productivity and a sound workplace. This is the reason for the self-grade.
You need to bring the following to class:
a folder or binder for handouts
a writing utensil
OUTLINE OF COURSE CONTENT:
UNIT ONE: Careers and The Job Selection Process
UNIT TWO: Work in Your Life
UNIT THREE: On the Job
UNIT FOUR: Managing your Finances
Research Reports Requirement:
Career Research Form: https://drive.google.com/a/andescentralschool.org/file/d/0B2rAnv8ILTEgeGYwNklpZWY4MDg/view?usp=sharing